• Managed onboard IT infrastructure
• Managed connectivity solution over satellite, 4G and Wi-Fi
• Operational security surveillance
• Comprehensive Cybersecurity solution
• Growing range of add-on modules for safety, leisure, and welfare purposes
• Project management and consultancy
Working with a leading service provider and a leading antenna hardware manufacturer for maritime connectivity Vodanet is continuously working to improve performance and deliver a configuration on the forefront of technology. With a solid, flexible solution to offer satellite connectivity Vodanet determine capacity needed, together with our client, based on the core purpose with addition of selected add-ons to achieve a balance between cost, functionality, and crew appreciation.
• Managing available bandwidth for individual consumer segments onboard
• Prohibiting access for non-essential consumers when back-up solution is utilized
• Autoswitching to back-up solution when primary channel falls out
• Facility for remote access to execute faultfinding and restoring of service integrated in the solution
The satellite connectivity makes up the foundation of Vodanet’s offered managed connectivity solution, that is backed up by a mix of suitable options: Iridium CERTUS offering true global coverage, 4G offering coastal coverage and Wi-Fi that can be made available at your designated home port. Should you desire to have Wi-Fi in other key ports Vodanet are open to discuss that option too.
Driven by the desire for having access to preferred TV channels, transparent to location of the vessel VODANET developed our state-of-the-art IPTV solution. Your channels may not be available in the area you are currently trading or there is simply no coverage by commercial TV-satellites at all due to the remoteness of the area.
This is no longer a ”showstopper”!
With VODANET IPTV we make your channels available where you are.
Vodanet’s inaugural product is the onboard IT infrastructure platform, a state-of-the-art configuration developed by the founder and owner, Mr. Thomas Truels Schultz. Building on recognized leading manufacturer technology and utilizing available system-built cybersecurity facilities as well as an ingenious cloud based instant component replacement concept, should one of the units in the network infrastructure fail for any reason.
Based on specification, GA and discussions with the owner Vodanet design the onboard IT core network to meet current needs and also build in capacity for future desires.
• Customised and optimized for each project
• Managed dynamic configuration of firewall rules
• Matching network capacity to available bandwidth
• Managed access for all vendors requiring remote access to their equipment onboard
Vodanet has developed a solution based on superior CCTV technology to allow continuous monitoring of safety of operation. The concept monitors potentially dangerous workspaces to enable intervention by officers if malpractice is observed, to prevent incidents and accidents from happening. This concept also includes the possibility to have an instant health check by use of a thermal camera at the gangway. Preventing the free roaming of a viral infection on a ship can avoid a catastrophic to the daily operation if uncontained.
• Surveillance of hazardous work areas
• Surveillance of processing plants and machinery
• Safety monitoring of unmanned engine rooms
• Vessel perimeter surveillance, complementing navigational equipment in search of anomalies such as “Man-over-Board” or icebergs
• “Fit-for-Work” thermal imaging, assisting to prevent virus infections to roam freely onboard